With the New Year comes a new and renewed excitement for what the next 12 months will bring for Jacob Davis and the guys, and for us as a fan group! A quick look back at 2016, month by month:
- Jacob and the boys opened for Chase Bryant on a run of shows through North and South Carolina.
- More and more fans found out about Jacob’s music through our CD mailings.
- The Squad got crafty and created lyric videos for many of Jacob’s songs. Find them on our YouTube page on our “Lyric Video” playlist.
- Jacob started off the month with three shows in the Midwest opening for Levi Hummon and Kelsea Ballerini.
- We got to know the boys in the band a little better with a series of Twitter chats.
- Radio Disney host Candice on Radio Disney featured Jacob as one of the artists she was listening to.
- Jacob and the boys did a Q&A and mini-performance via Periscope with Got Country Online.
- Jacob headlined the awesome Brewhouse Music & Grill in Rome, Ga.
- All of Jacob’s songs that were on Soundcloud passed 7,000 streams.
- Jacob and the boys flew to the desert to open for Lady Antebellum in Laughlin, Nev., and Jacob took a minute to soak it all in during soundcheck.
- Jacob posted the song “Sooner Than Later” on Soundcloud and it reached 10,000 streams in just three days.
- We were assured yet again that Old Dominion loves Jacob and the Squad.
- All of Jacob’s songs on Soundcloud passed 12,000 steams.
- Jacob celebrated his birthday!
- The Squad ran a few contests and we were able to share some awesome pictures of where our winners and their Squad koozies were from.
- Jacob did a few sets during Tin Pan South in Nashville, including one at the Listening Room, with The Shotgun Seat sharing footage on Instagram.
- The Squad was a part of an article about passionate fans in the Shreveport Times.
- Jacob and the boys played a hometown show in Shreveport, La., and guitarist Justin Burgess joined the group.
- The Squad continued with our lyric videos, creating the Sooner Than Later fan montage.
- All of Jacob’s songs on Souncloud passed 20K streams.
- Jacob was announced as a performer at CMA Fest on the Hard Rock Stage.
- Jacob signed a publishing deal with Black River Publishing.
- Jacob’s song Something To Remember You By hit one million streams on Spotify.
- Jacob’s song Down to Earth, written after the birth of his daughter in Dec. 2015, hit 30K streams on Soundcloud in just 16 days.
- The one year anniversary of the beginnings of the squad, whose members saw Jacob open up for Sam Hunt in Texas in May 2015 and fell in love with him and started telling everyone.
- Jacob kicked off CMA Fest with the Nashville Navy show to benefit the TJ Martell Foundation, hosted by our buddy Storme Warren of Sirius XM The Highway. Also playing the show were Josh Kelly, Brothers Osbourne, Darryl Worley, Montgomery Gentry and many more.
- The Squad handed out more than 300 CDs to fans at CMA Fest and we had people asking for more!
- Jacob and the boys killed it on the Hard Rock Stage at CMA Fest.
- Jacob was surprised with a record deal with Black River Entertainment by CEO Gordon Kerr at a Squad party in Nashville on June 10.
- Whiskey Riff featured Jacob with an article of 10 Reasons Jacob Davis Needs To Be On Your Radar Now.
- Jacob and the boys were on fire, with shows all over the south.
- All Soundcloud songs hit 35K streams.
- Jacob and the boys played Bub City in Chicago for a double set. The awesome guys at Whiskey Riff were able to see JD live (and loved him) and Chase Bryant jumped on stage for a surprise epic Free Fallin medley.
- Jacob dropped hints about new music in an interview that he did with The Shotgun Seat.
- Jacob and the boys opened for Cassadee Pope in Ohio while also playing shows all over the southeast.
- Jacob and the boys opened for Hunter Hayes in New Hampshire and Maine and picked up a whole new group of fans! The feedback we received was phenomenal!
- Jacob and our buddy Cale Dodds did a show together at the Foundry in Athens, Ga., which the Country Music Association covered and loved via their snapchat!
- Jacob opened for Billy Currington to close out another full month of shows, which also included the Brewhouse in Rome, Ga.
- The Jacob Davis Squad celebrated our one-year anniversary on Sept. 4!
- Jacob joined CJ Solar, Hunter Hayes and other Louisiana artists for a flood relief show to help provide support for their home state in the wake of flooding. The Squad teamed up and raised more than $1,000 to help the efforts.
- Jacob continued work on his new album, working with Josh Kerr and Forrest Glen Whitehead, who have had #1 songs with Kelsea Ballerini.
- Jacob and the boys opened for Eli Young Band at Exit/In in Nashville.
- Jacob went along with his brother, Jordan Davis, for a run of shows in the upper midwest so the two could write some songs together.
- All of Jacob’s songs reached 50K streams on Soundcloud!
- Jacob attended the ASCAP Awards and walked the red carpet, also grabbing a picture with Garth Brooks that evening.
- Jacob released a new promo photo, which we love, and also continued to write and work on his album.
- Jacob and the boys joined Kelsea Ballerini for a string of sold out shows in Boston, New York City and Buffalo. The fan feedback was incredible!
- Jacob debuted a new song called Wannabe
- While in Boston, Jacob did a radio interview with Country 102.5 that teased new music.
- Jacob was named one of CMT’s 17 Artists To Watch in 2017 as part of their #ListenUp campaign with People magazine.
- In honor of Jacob, the Squad gathered funds to sponsor several children for the holidays with the Salvation Army.
- Sounds Like Nashville named Jacob has one of 14 Artists To Watch in 2017.
- Whiskey Riff picked Jacob has one of 14 Artists Set To Break Out in 2017.
- Jacob was included on New England Country Music’s Artists To Watch for 2017 list.
- Squad members put together this awesome video compilation to recap 2016 and close out the year.
Already in 2017, Jacob has been compared to Thomas Rhett by Country Living Magazine as one of their 10 Country Artists to Watch in 2017, and we’ve been teased with a video shoot and some exciting new music.
We’re so excited to be supporting Jacob and the boys on this incredible journey and we can’t wait to see what happens this year … or even this week! Thanks, boys, for all of the great memories so far and here’s to many more awesome things to come!